- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Matriculation or above (except for Service/Armed Forces personnel) for Basic & Advance Mountaineering Courses. Knowledge of English and Hindi is essential.
- Minimum 10+2 pass for Methods of Instruction Courses in Paragliding, Mountaineering, and Skiing & Water Sports.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
|Basic Mountaineering Course “A” grade eligible for||Advance Mountaineering Course|
|Advance Mountaineering Course “A” grade eligible for||Method of Instruction (Mountaineering) Course|
|Basic Skiing Course having “A” or “B” grade eligible for||Intermediate Skiing Course|
|Intermediate Skiing Course having “A” grade eligible for||Advance Skiing Course|
|Advance Skiing Course having “A” grade eligible for||Method of Instruction (Skiing) Course|
|Basic Water Sports Course having “A” grade eligible for||Intermediate Kayaking & Canoeing Course (White Water) or Advance Water Sports Course (Sailing)|
|Intermediate Kayaking & Canoeing Course (White Water) having “A” grade eligible for||Method of Instruction (Water Sports Course)|
|Advance Water Sports
(Sailing) having “A” grade eligible for
|Method of Instruction (Water Sports Course)|
|Advance Mountaineering Course having “A” or “B” Grade is eligible for||Trekking Guide Course|
|Elementary Search & Rescue Course/ Basic Mountaineering Course with “A” or “B” Grade is eligible for
*** Army/ Para Military Forces/ Home Guards/Police Forces are exempted from above condition.
|Search & Rescue Course ( 14 Days)|
3. COURSE FEE
The course fee includes boarding & lodging, training, insurance cover, medical facilities and equipment.
4. TRAVEL EXPENSES
Participants (trainees) have to pay for their travel expenses on their own from their home to the Institute/ Regional Centre/Sub Centre (place of training) and back to their home.
Candidates are selected for the courses on “first come first serve” basis, subject to fulfillment of all conditions.
- All the training courses and programmes are conducted by ABVIMASat its Manali headquarters and Regional and Sub Centers in Himachal Pradesh on army pattern. Therefore, participants of all training courses and programmes must maintain discipline of the highest order. In case of any misconduct, misbehavior or indulgence in intoxication and anti- social activity, the trainee concerned will be expelled from the course instantly, legal action initiated against him /her and no refund of fee will be made in such disciplinary cases.
- If any trainee is absent from the Course/Programme for more than 2 days in 26/28 days Courses and 1 day in any short duration Course/Programme, he will be disqualified.
- Late arrival for joining the course will be allowed only in case of train/ bus arriving late due to adverse weather conditions, landslides, accident, strike or any other unavoidable reasons including death or serious illness of a family member or relative or examination/ interview etc. A trainee will be allowed to join the course late by maximum 2 (two) days only subject to the condition that he will have to produce valid documentary proof of the same.
7. PHYSICAL CONDITIONING/FITNESS
All trainees must be physically fit for their respective courses and they will have to deposit a medical certificate duly certified by an MBBS Doctor with 90 days validity prior to the commencement of the course. All activities conducted by the Institute are physically demanding. Trainees must ensure that before joining any course, they should do long walks, jogging & running alongwith warm up, cooling down exercises & breathing exercises (Yoga).
Booking of all the graded courses (professional) shall be made through online booking system on “first come first serve” basis. The detailed instructions regarding online booking system is available inside the relevant link. Candidates will have to upload the certificates, wherever necessary, and carry the original copies with them in person.
9. PROCEDURE FOR BOOKING OF SEATS IN PROMOTIONAL / CUSTOMIZED COURSES
The photo fixed application form complete in all respects with one spare photograph, medical certificate and copy of birth certificate should be submitted at least 45 days prior to the commencement of the course applied for along with full course fee by Demand Draft/RTGS/NEFT/ESC.
10. PROCEDURE FOR BOOKING OF MOUNTAINEERING/TREKKING/ RAFTING/KAYAKING/CYCLING/ MOUNTAIN BIKING EXPEDITIONS
Expeditions can be booked with prior notice of 30 days by submitting an application alongwith all the requisite documents as per the norms fixed by the Institute.
11. PAYMENT OF COURSE FEE FOR SPECIAL, PROMOTIONAL, CUSTOMIZE COURSES ONLY
Course Fee will be payable at the Kangra Central Co-operative Bank Ltd., Manali-175131 (H.P.) Bank Code 035, IFSC Code KACE0000035 in saving bank account No. 50055073959 and drawn/deposit in favor of Director, ABVIMAS, Manali.
12. COURSE FEES
- The course fee will be 25% extrafor the activities conducted in Lahaul Spiti, Kinnaur districts and Bharmaur – Pangi region of Himachal Pradesh.
- Participants of Skiing Courses organized at Solang have to arrange transportation for themselves to reach Solang and back to Manali.
- Foreign Nationals are not required to deposit the course fee in advance. Seats in all courses can be provisionally booked by sending Application form, Medical Certificate, a copy of Passport & a copy of Educational Certificate. Fee can be remitted at the time of enrollment at ABVIMAS Manali.
13. REFUND OF COURSE CHARGES
The course charges refund policy of ABVIMAS is as under:
- 25% deduction in case of cancellation with prior notice of more than 30 days.
- 50% deduction in case of cancellation with prior notice between 30 to 15 days.
- 100% forfeiture in case of cancellation with prior notice of less than 15 days.
- In case of cancellation of seat by the Institute due to some unavoidable circumstances, 100% course fee will be refunded to the candidate.
14. TRANSFER OF SEATS
Candidates are not allowed to transfer their seats from one course to another course. In case of any emergent situation, candidates can ask for refund of their course charges as per the refund policy of the Institute.
15. AGE LIMIT CRITERION
Different age limit has been prescribed for different courses keeping in view the nature and rigours of training. The age of a participant for a course will be considered as on commencement dayof the particular course which he/ she is to attend. Therefore, the participants are advised to submit an attested copy of their birth certificate alongwith the application form.
16. CONFIRMATION ABOUT THE RESERVATION OF SEAT/COURSE APPLIED FOR
The Institute or the Regional Centre/ Sub Centre, where one wants to undergo the course, will intimate the reservation of Seat/Course applied for or rejection of the application, as the case may be, telephonically or through letter/E-mail. Applicants must therefore mention their phone/mobile number/E-Mail ID on the application form clearly besides complete postal address.
Certain essential training equipments and clothing items are provided by the Institute, Regional Centre or Sub Centre where one wants to attend the course. However, the participants are required certain articles personally which are mentioned in the list titled “WHAT PERSONAL ARTICLES TO BRING WITH YOU FOR THE COURSE”. These items can be carried from home or purchased locally at the place of training on arrival.
18. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
- Participants are advised to go through the information/ instructions carefully for filling and sending the Application Form.
- One should start the journey only after receiving confirmation from the Institute/Regional Centre/Sub Centre concerned.
- Head Quarter Institute/Regional Centre/Sub Centre concerned will not be responsible for postal delay concerning receipt of application as well as confirmation/reservation of the seat or course, if any.
- Pleasure seekers joining the courses, only to have fun & frolic, are advised not to participate. Undergoing any course/adventure programme in this Institute requires seriousness, dedication, devotion and hard work.
19. CHECK LIST
- Participants must ensure that following documents are submitted/brought by them for securing a seat in the course of their choice:
- Medical Certificate duly issued by an MBBS Doctor with 90 days validity before the commencement of the course.
- Risk Certificate duly signed by the candidate or the guardian/ parents
- Photocopy/Printout of the Demand Draft/RTGS/NEFT/ESC by which fee has been paid.
Attested copy of the birth certificate.
- Attested copy of the educational qualification certificate.
- Attested copy of all the previous course certificates of respective discipline in case of professional courses.
Dispute, if any, will be subject to the jurisdictions of courts situated in District Kullu for HQ Manali & respective courts of the concerned Centre.